Job Announcement: EJ Summit Coordinator
June 11, 2014
North Carolina Environmental Justice Summit Coordinator
The coordinator will provide conference planning support for the 2014 NC Environmental Justice Summit, which will take place at The Franklinton Center in Whittakers, NC October 17-18.
- Attend monthly meetings (4th Thursdays, 5:30-8:30pm) of the NC Environmental Justice Network (NCEJN) Planning Committee;
- Coordinate six concurrent panel sessions including volunteer note-takers;
- Plan advanced on-line registration and evaluation surveys;
- Update NCEJN web site;
- Prepare program booklet and registration materials;
- Attend the NC EJ Summit October 17-18, 2014 to assist with registration, evaluation, and documentation;
- Collect note takers’ reports, photos, and surveys from the Summit.
The coordinator will work closely with Naeema Muhammad, NCEJN Acting Director, and members of the NCEJN Planning Committee.
This position requires 1) great organizational skills, 2) comfort with updating the NCJEN website with Summit news and keeping track of online registration, 3) great interpersonal skills, and 4) a sincere interest in achieving environmental justice and preventing environmental injustice. Experience with conference organizing is desirable.
The position is available for 20 weeks from July 1 – November 10, 2014 for an average of 10 hours/week at $20/hour.
Please send a letter of interest and resume by June 20, 2014, to Naeema Muhammad, Acting Director, NC Environmental Justice Network, email@example.com. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.